Looking for a More Natural Botox Alternative?
What Are Botox Injections?
We've all heard of Botox, it's been around for ages. The treatment involves the injection of a neurotoxin called Botulinum into the skin. When done correctly, the neurotoxin paralyses facial muscles causing them to tighten the skin above. Although we use it mostly as a cosmetic treatment, Botox can be used to treat excessive sweating and migraines.
Advantages of Botox Injections
- When done correctly, it works. This is why it's still a popular treatment after decades of use.
- Great for forehead wrinkles and crows feet.
- A well-known treatment that many people are after.
Disadvantages of Botox Injections
- Many people are apprehensive about having needles inserted into their face
- Botox is a tricky treatment to master and it carries some risk for amateurs delivering the treatment
- Some people claim that Botox can give the skin a "plasticky" appearance
- Botox has been around for a while and there are plenty of people already offering the treatment, competition is high.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Many people confuse Botox and dermal fillers, as they are both delivered by injection. On fresh eyes, the outcome of Botox and dermal fillers can seem similar, but they work very differently - this leads the topic of dermal fillers vs Botox to be quite popular among beauticians. However, unlike Botox injections, dermal fillers restore lost volume; lifting the face in the injected area. The fillers can be injected into various areas of the face, typically around the eyes, cheeks mouth and jawline.
Advantages of Dermal Fillers
- There is far less competition in the industry for salons offering dermal fillers compared with Botox injections
- Great for lifting the fleshy areas of the face such as the cheeks, jaw and eye-bags
- Makes the skin firmer and more elastic in a natural looking way
Disadvantages of Dermal Fillers
- Like with Botox, many people fear needle injections - especially into their face
- The filler fluid can migrate to an unwanted area under the skin, giving an undesired effect
- Dermal Fillers are not permanent
What about a HiFu Machine?
All this talk of needles puts many people off. Although needle injections like Botox or dermal fillers are considered non-invasive because they are non-surgical, High-density-focused-ultrasound treatments are far less intrusive. The treatment involves a HiFu machine that channels ultrasound energy into the dermis to stimulate collagen production that naturally adds volume to the treatment area.
HiFu Treatment Pros and Cons
- Depending on the patient, HiFu treatments can last upwards of 18 months, while Botox or collagen injections often only last around 8 months
- HiFu treatments can be more expensive than Botox or collagen injections. But we assure you that patients are paying for superior results
- Ultrasound therapy provides instant results that can be seen as soon as you get off the treatment bed and develop even more over the next couple of weeks
- Since HiFu triggers a natural response in your body, the final outcome is a more natural, healthy and youthful look that Botox or fillers simply can't achieve
- HiFu is not as effective as Radiofrequency for body treatments. Speak to an expert about radiofrequency today: 01422 524 006
Carbon Laser Facials
Carbon laser facials are very popular at the moment. They use lasers to stimulate collagen production under the skin, therefore providing more natural rejuvenation than injecting foreign fluid into the dermis.