WHAT IPL TREATMENT INSURERS WANT
From experience with Intense Pulsed Light we know that one of the issues insurance companies have is the use of unserviced equipment; the equipment needs a thorough service before the insurance is up for renewal.
THIS IS A GOOD THING
How can we say this? We can because it is the right thing for your customers. There are salons up and down the country which deliver lots of treatments with old equipment that doesn't perform as well as it should, and when they are denied insurance, lose customers, business and profit.
With insurance clamping down, these types of businesses will find it harder and harder to deliver insured treatments. This means your customers will stay your customers (as long as your delivering value and quality).
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF
BE SMART! The ideal method to be protected is to get another IPL warranty & service contract from your equipment supplier, but we know this is not always possible for customers.
Call and speak to your insurer, ask if you need servicing or a service contract when your policy is up for renewal.
If you can be prepared to meet the criteria set by the insurer for your aesthetic laser machine, then you can make sure that you're not going to be put in the situation explained above.
THE ONE OFF SERVICES
We would always advise that a service contract is taken out which offers full protection rather than one off servicing. One off servicing for IPL Lasers is only requested for the following circumstances:
* Insurance company requests service for the customer to renew insurance.
* Equipment has been unused for long period of time.
* The device is going to be resold by the customer, and wants a final service to ensure it is in a good and working condition.
* Call your insurance company and find out what requirements they have for your policy renewal.
* Speak to your Aesthetic Laser Supplier and find out the costs of a new service contract and for one off servicing, then analyse how important the equipment is for your business.
* Make the decision of what you are going to do long before it is needed, this will ensure minimal or even no down time.